10 on 10 :: April


"Spring has returned.  The Earth is like a child that knows poems."  

-  Rainer Maria Rilke




In late December of last year I chose the word "today" as my word of intention for 2016.  My thoughts behind choosing this word were that I wanted to focus on the here and now; to stop beating myself up over yesterday and stop wringing my hands over tomorrow.  I know I am not alone in these thoughts or the self defeating practice of worry. I think it is fairly universal human response but it seems that women especially have trouble setting these thoughts/practices free. Now please understand this is certainly not my area of expertise, just conclusions I've come to after many years of observation, conversation, and personal experience with women of all ages. We worry. I worry. Far. Too. Much. It's not healthy. It's not productive. It IS destructive. So, in light of that I've tried to make a conscious effort to focus on the present as much as possible since January in order to break the anxiety-attack-producing, worrying-about-everything cycle in which I find myself.  And, as silly as it may seem part of that conscious effort has been to intentionally photograph the color pink.

Anyone who truly knows me, knows that pink is my favorite color. But not just any pink. A certain raspberry, light and airy, cheery pink.  I don't come across it often but when I do I try to make a point of photographing it. However, as I rarely find that perfect pink, I find that any rosy hue will do for my "make today ridiculously amazing" project. This month I'm sharing some of my favorites from the past month. I hope these make you as happy as they make me!













This is from my archives but just looking at my now 12 year old's 8 year old feet in her cute sparkly shoes makes me happy! 


I know I don't have 10 images this month but I hope the 9 I have include will bring a smile to your face! Please continue on and visit Krisitna's beautiful blog. You won't be disappointed. 

Comments

  1. I love all these photos, Laura. They are light, airy, playful, and all with a bit of pink. They make me feel Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree, we do worry too much... Thank you for your words reminding us to worry less and enjoy the present. All images are beautiful, love the pov of the straws!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty photos. I love them all. I am right there with you on all the anxiety and worry about the future--thanks for the advice because it is time for me to start doing something about it, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts